Zepf Heroes Program, please call 419-841-6781


Will my information be kept confidential?

Yes, Zepf Center abides by HIPAA regulations.  Patient Privacy Policy


The information contained on the Zepf Center web site is not intended to be a substitute for the advice, recommendation or information provided to you by your health care professional (i.e., physician, nurse, etc.). The intent of the information within the web site is to educate users and provide a basic understanding of health care topics and services that Zepf Center provides. This web site does not encourage the self-management of health problems. If you have any questions regarding your health status / condition, please call your physician immediately or dial 911 if it's an emergency. Zepf Center reserves the right to revise and update these terms and conditions or any other information on the website, at any time. If you have additional questions concerning this section and/or the guidelines listed above, please contact us through any of the means listed below. 

Are you accepting new clients?

For information about becoming a new client with Zepf Center, please contact the Intake Department at 419-841-7701 option 1 to speak with an Intake Scheduler. The staff member will provide you with all the information you need to become a client, or if our services do not meet your requirements, we are able to provide you information about other services within the community and surrounding area.

How do I get help for my addiction?

Anyone wishing to receive Zepf Center services needs to have an Intake assessment completed in order to determine the best course of treatment.  For our SUD services our walk in hours at our Ashland facility (2005 Ashland Ave.) are:

Monday: 8:00am-1:00pm

Tuesday: 8:00am-1:00pm

Wednesday: 8:00am-1:00pm

Thursday: 8:00am-1:00pm

Friday: 8:00am-1:00pm

As always, it is encouraged that you arrive earlier in the day to ensure shorter wait times, and to bring an ID and insurance card to the appointment.


Does Zepf Center accept unused medication?

Zepf Center does not take back unused medications. However the following sites are available in Lucas County to drop them off at:

Safety Building, 525 N. Erie St.

Scott Park District Station, 2301 Nebraska Ave.

Northwest District Station, 2330 W. Sylvania Ave.; University of Toledo Medical Center emergency room, 3065 Arlington Ave.

University of Toledo police station, 1515 S. Towerview Blvd.

Maumee Police Division, 109 E. Dudley St.

What are your hours of operation?

Hours of operation vary dependent on the types of services our clients are receiving. 

Why do I need to arrive 15 minutes before my appointment time?

Clients are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time to meet with the nurse, complete the check-in process and get the arrival information to the provider quickly.

Why do I always have to show my ID and insurance card?

To protect your identity and to ensure that charges for services are billed appropriately, you will be asked to present your ID and insurance card at each visit.

Who can I contact about my bill?

Please contact the billing department at 419-841-7701 Ext. 2257 or Ext. 2253 for help and questions.


How can I get paperwork filled out by my doctor?

Forms and documents requiring a physician's signature or additional information can be brought in to the service location or you can bring the form to your appointment.  When dropping off paperwork, please make sure to include your name and telephone number.

How can I obtain a copy of my records?

Release of Information is required before sending medical records to another entity.  Please have specific information pertaining to where the records are to be sent and what records you wish to have sent.  You will be required to have a valid photo ID at the time the records are picked up.

Can my records be sent to another agency?

Yes.  A Release of Information is required.  Clients can pick up a release in person from a Zepf Center location or the client can request the release by fax.  If the release is faxed, a copy of the client's valid photo ID must be included with the completed release.  If the client is picking up the records, a valid photo ID must be presented.

I live out-of-county.  Am I able to use your services?

The Intake Scheduler will provide information to anyone who lives out-of-county. This department can be reached by calling 419-841-7701 Ext. 7818.

Do you have inpatient detox services?

Yes. For further information about accessing inpatient detox services, please contact Zepf Center at 419-754-3869.

How do I get in to Recovery Housing?

During a client's initial assessment, the client is referred to a specific level of care.  A doctor needs to approve an admission to detoxification. When a client is assessed and referred to MAT, the doctor determines if the client is admitted to the program and whether suboxone, vivitrol or methadone is appropriate.  Clients from all levels of care can be referred to Recovery Housing. 

What type of insurances does Zepf Center accept?

Zepf is contracted with the following insurances:

  • Medicare and Railroad Medicare
  • Ohio Medicaid
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • UHC My Care and UHC Medicaid
  • Aetna My Care Ohio
  • Buckeye My Care Ohio and Buckeye Medicaid
  • Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
  • Paramount*, Paramount Elite and Paramount Advantage
  • Anthem BC/BS (auto company plans not included)*
  • CareSource Maketplac and CareSource Medicaid*
  • Molina, Molina Medicaid and Molina Medicare Advantage*
  • Humana and Humana Medicare Advantage*
  • Frontpath*
  • TriCare Participating Non-network Provider (patients may receive Medicare eligible services from Medicare eligible providers only)

*Due to the variety of plans available through each insurance company, patients are encouraged to call the number of their insurance card to find out if Zepf services and providers are covered on their specific plan.

Out of State Medicaid will not be accepted.

What do I need to do to complete my internship at Zepf Center?

if you need to complete an internship as part of your degree coursework, complete the application and submit it along with all requested documentation to Zepf Center, Attn: Internship Program 2272 Collingwood Blvd., Toledo, OH 43620.  Or email resume@zepfcenter.org.

If I lose my methadone dosing card, can I get another one?

When a Methadone dosing card is reported lost, a replacement card will be issued the next day.  This card is required to receive a dose of medication and the client will not receive the medication without a card. 


Integrated care is the coordination of general and behavioral health care needs in an effort to treat not just the body but the mind.


Second Mural Installation Aims to Create Hope and Shatter Stigma


Zepf Center, Bethany House, and the YWCA Partner to Increase Safety for Individuals Impacted by Domestic Violence Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic


Zepf Center to Provide Rapid Re-Housing and Homelessness Prevention Services